Saturday 16 April 2016

Spring Brights - Cruelty Free Eye Make-Up

Even though it looks as if the weather hasn't got the memo, it is technically spring. I almost always wear a neutral eye so I really wanted to try something different. When it comes to our looks, in many ways my sister and I are chalk and cheese. In fact, other than our shared dark, curly hair, we hardly resemble each other at all. I thought I'd abuse this difference by trying out a bright spring eye makeup look on us both, to show how the same makeup can look different in different complexions/eye colours.


All the colours in this look I have taken from the elf Brights palette. We both did our base, brows, lips, and cheeks with our own products. Already, even with our eyes shut, you can see how different this makeup looks on our different complexions. 


I used the shimmering orange colour (3rd down, 3rd in) for the inner 3/4 of the lid and the shimmering mint (3rd up, 3rd in) for the outer 1/4. In the very outer corner and the crease I blended the teal (3rd row down, 2nd in) to create a little dimension.

 
This eyes open picture really shows how the green elements of the look complement my sister's baby blues. You can only see the hint of teal over her lid but it makes her eyes really pop!


I think the orange looks a lot darker on my lid than on my sisters. I have a lot of orange in my skin tone, so the orange is emphasised on the lid.


We had a lot of fun with this look - it's certainly not everyday but I think it would be lovely for a warm spring afternoon party! Let me know if you try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment