Friday 9 December 2016

Girly Cruelty Free Date Night Makeup - Winter 2016

A lot of the makeup looks I see around this time of the year tend to go one of two ways. Either they are focused on golds and plums, or they are anchored around a smokey eye and bright red lip. Whilst I love these two looks, they are very striking and sometimes I feel the need to lean towards something a little softer. I actually love paler looks for the winter, especially when paired with cream coloured knitwear. This is my girly winter date night look!



Products Used:

Brows - NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown
Eyeshaddow - Makeup Revolution Light and Dark Eye Contour Palette
Mascara - Arbonne It's A Long Story
Eyeliner - NYX Matte Liquid Liner
Concealer - Hema Longer Lasting
Highlighter - The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer
Bronzer - Makeup Revolution
Blush - Hema Satin Blush
Pressed Powder - GOSH BB Powder
Lips - Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner Pillow Talk


I've added a highlight to the corner of my eye, as I think it really helps to open up my face. I've used a super neutral shade across the majority of my lid (it's a stunning peachy colour in the palette) and have gone in a rusty brown in my crease. I've also blended in a slightly cooler toned brown, too, to stop things straying too far towards the red end of the spectrum. To finish the eye I added a delicate flirty cat-eye flick (I've missed this look) and lashings of mascara. 

The lip liner is definitely one of the pricier elements of the makeup look, but if you're treating yourself this Christmas I really recommend investing in it. It's the best neutral lip I've found and it really is a 'your lips but better' kind of effect.


I've been a big fan of this blush and highlighter combination. The blush has a gentle glow to it alone, but the highlighter really adds another dimension. I've brought the highlighter onto my brown bone, too. I love the stronger brow look in the winter months but I have tried to tone it down a little for this look.


I couldn't resist whacking a filter or two on my favourite selfie! I love the way a filter can highlight certain elements of the look or neutralise other elements and I don't think there's any shame in using them!

Let me know if you have a go at this look - and any products you'd swap out to get the same effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment