Friday 9 August 2013

The First and Last tag

This tag as been floating around the booktubers for a while now, and it got me thinking about books I've read etc, so I thought I'd give it a go!

1. (I'm missing out the first question because it's about video)

2. First booktuber I ever watched: Rosianna got me into watching book related videos, but as she's mroe than just a booktuber, it'll either be Kayley or Lena?
    Last booktuber I watched: Kayley again!

3. First book I bought: I got a lot of books given to me when I was growing up, and spent hours in the library, so I haven't really started buying books till semi-recently. Maybe Emily the Strange: The Lost Days by Rob Reger or The Ant Colony by Jenny Valentine.
   Last book I bought: The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. I read The Golden Compass (aka Northern Lights) just after the film came out and really didn't like it (I also didn't like the film), but the fella keeps bugging me to read them, so much so that he gave me a copy of The Subtle Knife so I thought I might as well have the whole set! Plus it was only 20p at a second hand sale. The last full priced book I bought was NW by Zadie Smith.

4. First novel I read: This is a hard one. I read everything I could lay my hands on when I was little and read on my own from a very very young age. The first books I remember loving (and I swear I almost read the entire set - or at least as many as the library could order in) were the Animal Ark series by Lucy Daniels.
   Last novel I read: Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn.

5. First dystopian I read: When I first heard this I immediately jumped to The Hunger Games but then I thought about it and actually the first dystopian I read was probably Orwell's Animal Farm. It's not a traditional dystopian I guess, as it's an allegorical novel, but it's definitely about a world gone wrong, which is what defines dystopian in my mind.
   Last dystopian I read: Divergent by Veronica Roth.

6. First paranormal romance I read: Probably Twilight as I can't remember reading much romantic fiction before that.
   Last paranormal romance I read: Maybe one of the Morganville Vampires series, although I can't remember if I'd got bored of those by the time Breaking Dawn came out? Although, I've just flicked through GoodReads and I read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, if that counts?

7. First time I cried over a book: I very rarely cry over books, so the first time I can remember crying over a book was probably Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine.
   Last time I cried over a book: Looking for Alaska by John Green. Maybe. I don't know. I remember books that a lot of people cried at that I didn't (the final Harry Potter and Now Is Good for example). I cry more at films or TV than books, I think because with a book I can close it, gather myself, and read on.

8. First series I completed: I think I've read all the Famous Five books? So maybe those? If not then the Switchers trilogy by Kate Thompson. I think I'm one of a rare few whose first series wasn't Harry Potter.
   Last series I completed: This is surprisingly difficult. I've read all the Uglies books by Scott Westerfeld that were in the original trilogy, but I think he released a forth book (Extras) but I've no idea if I ever finished it. I know I got a bit fed up with them. Oh, The Hunger Games. Obviously.

9. The first book I couldn't press myself to finish: I did eventually get round to reading this and LOVING it, which just shows how taste changes over time, but the first time round I simply could not push myself to finish The Hobbit.
    The last book I couldn't push myself to finish: Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde. This book came so highly recommended but I just couldn't get into it. I got about 100 pages in and had to bail out. It's still sitting in my currently reading on GoodReads because they don't have an 'I abandoned this book' function as far as I can tell.

10. First and Last people you'll tag: If Maz or Meg are reading this, then you guys!

Hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did! I might see if I can do more tags that I stumble upon...

Best Wishes,

xx

Currently Reading: The Autograph Man  by Zadie Smith
Vagina: a new biography by Naomi Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment