Tuesday 16 February 2016

Cruelty Free Winter Empties 2016

Since Winter is slowly coming to a close (okay, there is over a month of official winter left but a girl can dream) I thought I would clear out the bag of empty products I've accumulated over the past few months and share them with you! For the products where I know, I've indicated if they are vegan or not - a couple I forgot to make note of/don't expressly say on the packaging.



Superdrug Whitening Tape - Okay, I'll admit it. I have a flossing problem. I never really used to floss, but towards the end of last year I started experiencing sensitive teeth and found that flossing really helped. Also, after seeing how much gunk can come out of my teeth even after I've brushed them (it's disgusting) I've vowed to make it a part of my daily routine. I floss every evening, and my mouth just doesn't feel clean if I don't do it now! I really like this whitening tape, and I legitimately think it does make my teeth whiter (although that could just be because my teeth are cleaner). (Vegan)



Superdrug Spearmint and Sea Salt Shower Gel - This shower gel has a huge FOR MEN emblazoned across it because heaven forbid a woman wants to smell of anything other than flowers but I bought it because I couldn't find Superdrug's Mint Shower Gel and this was the closest alternative. I really liked the smell of this shower gel, although I prefer a full mint as I think it smells cleaner. The gendering of shower products continues to baffle me, though, and I'm fairly annoyed that Superdrug felt the need to proclaim that this product was for men, as it is literally the same product as the regular shower gel. (Vegan - I think)



Avalon Organics Strengthening Spearmint Conditioner - I reviewed this product in my Cruelty Free Comparisons series, and this is the second bottle of this that I've bought. The price tag is the only off-putting thing about this conditioner, as I love the smell and the way it makes my hair feel.



Dr Organic Argon Oil Conditioner - I picked this up when Holland and Barrett had an amazing Dr Organic offer on, and I was pretty pleased with it. I still think I prefer the coconut oil version, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this one again. It left my hair feeling soft and the smell was unoffensive and fairly neutral.



Cranberry Festive Face Mask from Lush - This was the first lush fresh face mask that I'd tried and I have to say I loved it! I asked for it for Christmas because I didn't think I could warrant spending over £6 on a face mask, but now that I've used it I would definitely repurchase - in fact I can't wait till next Christmas when Lush bring this face mask out again. My skin felt so smooth after using it, and the fact that it was cold from the fridge was so soothing. This face mask smelt heavenly - like cranberries and roses - and because you get so much in a pot I was using it every day for a week to use it up before it's use by date. Next time I fancy a bit of a pamper, I'm definitely going to invest in a fresh face mask again! (Vegan - I think)



Roots Hair Mask by Lush - I feel like I've babbled on about Roots enough recently, so I'll just link to my hair routine post for my review! (Contains honey)



R & B Leave in Conditioner by Lush - Same goes for this product, check out my hair routine post! (Vegan)



Superdrug Nail Strengthening Hand and Nail Cream - I have very dry skin around my nails (a result of me biting at my skin - disgusting I know but it's a self perpetuating cycle that I'm trying my hardest to stop). I was also experiencing a lot of nail breakages before I bought this product. It sits by my bed and I massage it into my finger tips/nails every night before bed. I apply a nice thick layer and let it soak in slowly over night - t does wonders and I've already re-purchased it! It doesn't soak in super quickly, and a little goes a long way, so it's not great as a cream to apply throughout the day (although I do have a travel sized version to stop me from biting my skin in the office), but for what I use it for it works wonders. (Vegan)



Superdrug Tea Tree Cleanser and Toner - I liked this product and used it after my coconut oil cleanse to make sure I didn't have a layer of oil on my face before bed! It smells of a mix of tea tree and peppermint (so I was always going to love it) and left my skin feeling tingly after I used it - which I really enjoyed. I haven't repurchased this yet as I'm trying to get through a micellar water, but it'll be on my radar when I'm in need. (Vegan)



Superdrug Tea Tree Cream Exfoliator - I use this product every morning in the shower. Like the cleanser, it smells of tea tree and peppermint, so I find it really wakes me up in the morning! It also has walnut shell particles to exfoliate, which I believe are better for the environment than microbeads. I've already repurchased this.(Vegan)



e.l.f Pressed Powder - These are the shades Sand and Buff (my winter and summer shades respectively). I actually used up Buff a while ago so I'm not sure why it's only just made its way into my favourites, and I used up Sand at the beginning of the season. I'm almost through another Sand, but it broke up soon after it arrived so I haven't repurchased. This is a great pressed powder for the price tag, but it's not spectacular by any means!



There you have it! I've obviously kept the three lush pots (when you return five in store you get a free face mask) but my empties bag is looking a lot, well, emptier now! Have you used any of these products? Let me know what you think of them!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete