Tuesday 12 July 2016

#reviewsdaytuesday: First Impressions - Arbonne It's A Long Story Mascara

I was sent this mascara to review by the lovely Nicole, who's an ambassador for Arbonne. It's a completely cruelty free and vegan  brand, so I was very excited when this sample came through the post.


First things first: the wand. This mascara has a plastic brush with spaced bristles. Now, I'm usually a fan of a fluffier brush, as I tend to lean towards a volumising mascara rather than a lengthening one. However, this does mean that the brush spreads the product over the lashes evenly and as you can see I haven't had any problems with clumping!


The formula is fairly fluid, which I like in a mascara as it means you get a really good coat with the first brush through. The downside is that it's not super buildable (although I'd imagine that by letting the mascara dry properly you could get additional length from extra coats).


The above image shows my right eye with mascara on and my left eye natural (for you viewing that means my left side has mascara on). Full disclosure - I did curl my eyelashes first. As you can see it is a fairly subtle difference, so if you're looking for 'in your face' makeup this might not be for you. Personally I like a subtle look for work wear, so this is fab for me!


This is how it looked on both eyes first thing...


... And this is how it looked at the end of the day! I was pleasantly surprised how well this stayed on - unlike most of my other mascaras it hasn't smudged underneath into my concealer at all! 

All in all I'm rather impressed!

This is the It's A Long Story from Arbonne, which you can get here: https://www.arbonne.com/discover/products/eyes.shtml


No comments:

Post a Comment