Monday 21 November 2016

Cruelty Free Everyday Winter Makeup - 2016

I have an office job and I like to wear makeup. The combination of these means that I'm drawn to very wearable and quick to apply makeup looks that not only look nice but are also fairly neutral. I've been wearing this combination of products on my face almost every single day this month and I think it is a very lovely classic look which would suit a range of complexions.

Rather than showing you each of the products I used, I'm just going to show you the finished face and I'll also talk you through some of the themes of the look that I've gone for, so you can recreate it using the makeup you already own. It goes without saying that all the products I've used are cruelty free, however, so I will make a note of some of my favourites.



The first element of this makeup look that I'd like to mention is my blush. This is a much more blush-heavy look than my usual but I think it works great for warming up my face in the colder months (figuratively, if not literally). The blush I'm wearing is farily purple toned, so it gives a berry-hue, and it has a satin finish, which just adds a little extra dimension to my face.



The next element of my face that I want to focus on are my brows. I recently invested in the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown and I've been loving it. It is so quick and easy to use and it has really helped me shape my brows. Similarly to my blush, I fill my brows a little more in the colder months. This is partly because I wear high necks, scarves, and hats in the winter, so creating something bolder and more structured on my face stops me from getting lost in all that material.



My eyeshaddow is another element that had deepened with the colder weather. Rather than the pale peach nude of autumn, I've transitioned into a light grey. I also run a darker grey through my crease, which again gives me that little more dimension. The closer to Christmas it gets, the more glitter I'll introduce into this look but, for the time being, matte has been my way forward.




The final element of this look is, of course, the lips. I'm using Kat Von D's Lolita, which I have been loving. This is a really build-able liquid lipstick and I just run the lightest layer over my lips to give them a super natural hint of colour. This lipstick perfectly complements the purple tone in my blush and really finishes the look - for me at least!



Let me know what you think of this makeup look! What's your 'go-to' winter face at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment