Sunday 8 January 2017

Welcome to 2017 - Resolutions and What To Expect

Hello my little bloglets, welcome to 2017!

Sorry it has taken me a whole week to welcome you to the new year - I don't have a very good excuse for it except for the fact that I have been busy, which is no excuse at all. I did just want to spend a few minutes, whilst we're still in the first full week of the year, to speak a little about what you can expect from this blog in 2017.

First things first, I'd really like to try and stick to a minimum of one post per week, with the hope that I'll be able to up this to two as the year goes on. I'm not going to promise a day when the post will be live, but fingers crossed this will all go to plan! In doing this, I hope to revitalise a couple of series which I loved creating but sadly fell by the wayside. This includes the likes of Norwich Nosh (the series where I highlighted my favourite places to eat in my home city) and Library Looks / Office Attire (two outfit of the day series, which I love creating). Do let me know if there is anything else that you have liked in the past an want to see more of!

Secondly - if you're someone who comes to this blog because you like the book related content then oh boy do I have a treat for you. I was fairly upset with the amount I read last year - especially given that I had whole months of not reading thrown in there - and I'd like to change that. I also want to become more involved in the bookish community, especially since I have been a passive admirer for many years. This is why I have started a shiny new bookstagram! You can find all my bookish posts over on One Minute Reads - where I'll not only be posting pretty pictures of books but I will also be reviewing books (in sixty seconds or less).


I am hoping to transfer some of the content form my bookstagram over to this blog, with more indepth reviews of the books I've really loved. However, I'm also hoping to be able to focus more on makeup and lifestyle here, so if that's what you like reading then you're in luck!

Thirdly, I want to make sure that I am proud of every single thing I publish on this blog. This will mean planning and scheduling - something I already do some of but something I could also improve on. I go through phases where I spent every weekend in a month away from home and considering (in the winter especially) I take most of my blog photos over the weekend, this causes me to put up text heavy posts. I love reading blogs with lots of pictures in them, so that is what I'm going to aim for this year. I also want to improve my flat lay skills (more of that over on my new Instagram), so hopefully you'll not only see an increase in blog content but also an increase in blog quality.

So, there you have it. My three main blogging goals for 2017 and a little of what you can expect over the next twelve months. I'll see you in the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment