Monday 8 September 2014

The British Tag

I haven’t done a tag in ages, so when this popped up a couple of times on my subscription feed I thought I’d give it a go. Originally created here, I saw Sanne and Lex’s versions.

Q1) How many cups of tea do you have a day and how many sugars do you take? I love tea. I drink at least 4 cups a day, although none of this is traditional builders brew. I don’t like milk, so I drink a lot of herbal teas (my favourite brand is PUKKA and I’ve become a bit of a snob about it). My dad recently bought me a loose leaf tea strainer and some teas to try, and I’ve been loving Darjeeling. When I do drink builders, I have it with a slice of lemon. I never take sugar.

Q2) Favourite part of your roast: My mum cooks the best roasts, so I would love to say all of it, but if I had to pick it would be the gravy. I love mum’s gravy.

Q3) Favourite dunking biscuit: Malted Milks are fabulous but don’t last very long. Rich Tea’s are the most hardy when it comes to dunking. I also love dunking chocolate into a mint tea, it’s delicious.

Q4) Favourite quintessentially British pastime: The Sunday Roast. The whole family have to sit down for Sunday roasts. Fish and Chip nights form a close second.

Q5) Favourite word: Spiffing is one of the most British words I know, but my actual favourite word changes from weeks to week. At the moment I really like the word lackadaisical.

Q6) Cockney rhyming slang: Awight Guv’nor, just climb the apples me old china! (Apples = apples and pears = stairs, china = china plate = mate)

Q7) Favourite Sweet: Cough candy is my favourite sweet shop sweet. I can’t resist a good Murray mint either!

Q8) What would your pub be called? This is hard as I don’t want to pick one with either head or arm on the end of it! Maybe… The Creaking Bookshelf? Sounds a bit Harry Potter maybe?

Q9) No1 British person: Speaking of HP, it has to be J K Rowling.

Q10) Favourite shop/restaurant: There is a small bar in my town called Franks Bar, and it does some of the most delicious food I’ve eaten! It’s always a huge treat to go.

Q11) What British song pops into your head? Any and all Spice Girls songs (in particular Wannabe).

Q12) Marmite? YES. Love it.  

I'm tagging everyone, and if you decide to do it tweet me @VickiMaitland and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment