Friday 12 June 2015

Loosing Rhythmn

You may have noticed that over the last month my posts have become more sporadic - not only have I missed posts but, on a less noticeable level, they have been appearing later in the day. This is something that really bothers me, as I'm very proud of what this blog has become over the last 11 months and I'd really like it to continue on its upward streak. It also bothers me because you guys, my very lovely readers, have been noticing my slip ups and asking me where my next post is. That isn't really fair on you, and I don't expect you to keep my diary for me.

I've been trying to think why my blog has become so irregular, and I think I've pinned it down to a couple of reasons.

1) I don't have to procrastinate any more. Blogging was one of the best forms of procrastination for me at uni because it was a productive creative outlet. Now I don't have anything to procrastinate from, so have turned to procrastinating from blogging, which isn't very good.

2) I've been busy enjoying my last few weeks of being a student. All my friends from uni are going home soon and I'm going to miss them terribly, so I've been trying to fit in as much as possible, which means that...

3) I'm missing my rhythms. I always say that every person and place has a set of rhythms, and lately mine have been out of wack. I was so used to getting up at 7:30 every morning, being in the library by 9am (okay, maybe more like 8:30 and 10am, but I'm going on my good days!). As soon as the work load dropped off I began going out later and waking up later too. A couple of days I even slept in till gone midday, which is unheard of for me!

I'm going to try and get back in order. Next week I'm away in Amsterdam, then I've only got one more week in my student house before I move back home. Going home will force me into a different routine as my house is up and busy by 7:30am (and I have an east facing window), which I'm really looking forward to.

Until then, I'm going to try and get a good nights kip, write up and schedule next weeks blog posts so you don't miss out while I'm away, and get my life back on track.

With that in mind, Tuesdays post will be the travel make-up bag post, and Friday's will be the 15 favourite feelings.

I'll see you on the other side of Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment