Friday 9 January 2015

EssieButton Inspired Every Day Make-up Look (High Street, Cruelty Free)

If you follow me on either Instagram or Twitter then you'll have seen my sneak peeks of this blog post. I have been a huge fan of EssieButton ever  since I discovered her channel at end of last year - Estee always looks so put together. Over the past week I've been trying out a few looks to emulate her neutral, clean style and I think I've finally cracked it. This is my cruelty free, high street tale on Estee's classic look.

Estee, if you're reading this, I love you girl and let me know what you think!

These are all the products and brushes I used.
My brushes are all from My Make Up Brush Set.



I'd already moisturised my face and allowed that to soak in before I started on this look, so I'm starting with a primer. As Estee mentioned in a recent video, she became a huge primer fan over 2014.


I'm using B. Illuminating Primer. You can see my review here.

I dot this over my face and them massage it in - focusing on areas which would naturally catch the light (forehead, bridge of the nose, under eye and cheek bones, chin).

                                   

Next up is concealer. Estee always looks bright-eyed and flawless, so I couldn't miss out this step.


I'm using the concealer palette from TopShop. This palette is great as you can really build the coverage up, although I find it does crease up by the time I've finished applying the rest of my make-up, so I have to buff that out with my finger. If you've got darker skin than me (mine is a light/medium with yellow/orange undertones) then you'll struggle with the palette, as even the darkest shade is still relatively light.



I start out with the yellow colour to neutralise any dark undereye circles. Then I go in with the lighest nude shade. I press this all under my eyes. This is where most of the brightening and concealing happens. Finally I use the darkest shade to even out my eye lids and the redness around my nose.

I'm just using a light pressed powder all over my face to stop any excess shine, even out my skin stone and to help my concealer stay in place. Estee raves about the Tarte amazonian clay powder, but as I'm working on a budget I'm just using my E.L.F Pressed Powder in the shade Sand.

As you can see, the sunlight came out to interrupt this action shot!
Estee had quite a pale complexion, so I'm skipping any bronzing or contouring. She always has rosy cheeks, though, so I'm going in with the blusher. This is M&S Limited Collection in Cinnamon. Estee would normally use a pinker blush than this, but this was the only shade I had to hand.



Estee's brows always look pretty perfect. She doesn't go too hard with the brow pencil, but does give them a little extra definition, so I'm going to do the same. I just fill the center of my brows at the height of the arch to give them more shape.

This is B. Brow Kit in the shade Dark Brown

On to the eyes! In her December Favourites video, she mentions how much she'd been loving the Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel Palette, and I think that TopShop's Smokey Eye Palette in Golden Aurora is a pretty good dupe. The lightest shade is a little pinker and the bronze is slightly browner than in Charlotte's palette, but the tones are all about right and they work really well together.


I start by applying the lighest shade in the corners of my eye and over my brow bone. I've worn this all over my eye in the past and it gives a really gorgeous neutral shimmer. If you want an even more neutral version of this look, you can apply this pink all over, use the taupe in the crease, and the brown as an eyeliner (so if you're in school and you have a no make-up policy by really want to wear make-up, this would be a pretty good way to get around that).


Estee loves a taupe eye, so I'm applying the satin taupe shade all over the lid.


Finally, I'm using the brown in the crease. I only apply this delicately, and just follow the shape of my eye.


To line my eyes, I use an angled brush in the black shadow shade. I start at the highest point of my lash line and draw a straight line out, then fill in till it meets my lash line.


Using a fluffy brush I blend all of this out. This give it a really flawless look, as well as softening and smudging the eye liner.


Estee's has quite a light mascara look, so I cover my top lashes and the outer corner of my bottom lashes. I use my E.L.F Waterproof, Lengthening and Volumising mascara.




Finally onto lips! Estee raves about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, but as that isn't a cruelty free brand I'm going to use Barry M's Cor Balmy. As I'm loving purple at the moment, I'm using it in the shade Currant Bun.


Here's the finished look:





Let me know if you try it out! Tweet me @VickiMaitland, or tag me in your Instagram pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment