2014 has been a bit of a funny one for me. Although for the vast majority of it I've had a blast, it;s not always been an easy ride.
However, I'm not going to let that get me down, so I thought I'd do a re-cap of fourteen of my favourite things of 2014. I've got an awful memory, so I'm sure a lot of these things will be from the latter half of the year.
- Sziget Festival - This was both the best and worst week of my life. On the one hand I had never felt so alone and betrayed, on the other I got to see a ridiculous amount of amazing acts, eat some delicious food and meet some lovely people.
- Kitzbuhel Holiday - This was the first family holiday that we've spent abroad and in a hotel (excluding our trip to Disneyland Paris). It was a lovely week, and the staff atthe hotel were incredible.
- The LCR - my uni nightclub gets a bit of stick, but I love it. Every night there is a night to remember.
- Obvious Child - I loved loved loved this film. Loved it. It was just so wonderful to see a film where a woman wasn't judged for her sexuality, where none/few of the women wore make-up and where relationships were realistic.
- Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde - This song is such an anthem for me. I could (and have) listen to it on repeat for hours.
- La Roux - I saw her twice this year. I had forgotten about her during her five year hiatus from the music industry but I'm so glad that she was playing at Sziget so I got to hear her again. I saw her when she played at my university, and she was supported by Meanwhile who were the best support act I've seen.
- Taylor Swift - Need I say more? 2014 has been the year of Swifty, and I've loved the music she's put out (although I'm yet to listen to the whole of 1989).
- Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness - I can't believe it has taken me so long to read these books. Review is here.
- Woman's World by Grahame Rawle - A 'graphic novel' using cut outs from 1950's women's magazines. Sad, funny, very good. I don't want to say too much because any plot information is basically a spoiler.
- TopShop Golden Aurora Smokey Eye Pallette - I only got this for Christmas, but I've worn it every day since then and I love it. It has the perfect collection of shades for my skin tone, and considering how badly I was hitting pad on my E.L.F pallette this was much needed.
- E.L.F Liquid Eyeliner - I don't think this is a stand out product, but it's cheap and does the job. I wear it every day pretty much and it hasn't let me down yet, so I think it deserves a place in my favourites for the year!
- B. Exfoliating Cleanser - Like I said in my review, I've grown to love this product the more I use it, and I'll definitely be re-purchasing it this year.
- Marmite! This is a bit of an odd one, but I love Marmite and have it on my toast every morning without fail.
- Pukka Tea - as you can tell from my post all about tea, I love Pukka. Well worth the money and I drink it every day.
There are my top fourteen of 2014. I had to cut out a lot (espcecially books and skin care) in order to fit everything in.