Tuesday 17 June 2014

#RYBSAT Day 1

Pages Read: 335
Books Finished: 1

Total Books Finished: 1
Total Pages Read: 335


(I meant to post this this morning, but miss-timed and had to run for a bus, sorry this is late!)

I stayed up till midnight (albeit accidentally) so I managed to get a head start reading. I only read 25 or so pages, but that put me on to a good start for the next morning. The book I was reading was Zadie Smith’s On Beauty, and I was just under 2/3 of the way through it at midnight. I finished this book 168 pages later just before lunch and after eating, getting ready for work and having some internet time, I had to leave for work before I could pick up the next book. I got home just before dinner, but as soon as I could I began to read Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief. This has been on my TBR shelf (the one I’m using for this read-a-thon) since Christmas, and on my wish list for a few years, so I’m super excited to get round to it. I read all evening, and have got 167 pages through it so far, bringing my total page count to 335, which I’m relatively happy with.

Tomorrow I’ve got a pretty busy day, with a long shift at work, but it does involve 2 long bus journeys, which means I should get a decent chunk of reading done, despite not being able to dedicate my whole day to it like I’d hoped. I’ve got the whole evening at home though, so hopefully I can catch up on missed out time then.

No comments:

Post a Comment