Thursday 19 June 2014

#RYBSAT Day 3

Pages Read: 421
Books Finished: 1 – The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry

Total Books Finished: 3 – On Beauty, The Book Thief, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry
Total Pages Read: 1,184

I am super happy with my page count today! I started the morning carrying on with Harold Fry but found it really difficult to read – I had so much sympathy for Harold but it felt like nothing was going his way, and after the heartbreak of The Book Thief I didn’t think I could face another sad book. I managed to plough through a hundred or so pages before lunch, which was less that I’d have liked to. When I got home from work I steadied myself and picked up Harold Fry again. Thank goodness I did! The plot took a turn for the better, and it made the book so much more enjoyable to read – it almost read a bit like The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of A Window And Disappeared – which, in all honesty, is what I expected it to be like from the start. I flew through the remaining 200 pages and immediately picked up Tigers In Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann.

This has been the quickest turn around I’ve had so far – normally I give myself a small non-reading break between books – and I think it’s worked out okay for me. I managed to read another 87 pages before my eyes began to hurt. This brought my total up to 421 pages! I really didn’t think I would read as much as I did yesterday, but I’m so happy I did!


Tomorrow I’ve got another busy day. I’m going to see the fella in the morning, and have work in the afternoon, so I’ll only really have the evening to read. I’ve got 300 pages left of Tigers so hopefully I should just be able to finish it by the end of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment