Tuesday 24 June 2014

#RYBSAT Final Wrap-up

Before I reveal the total amount of pages I read, I'll quickly wrap-up the last few days of RYBSAT.

So, as you might have been able to tell from the distinct lack of posts, the last three days of Read-Your-Book-Shelf-A-Thon were pretty much no shows. I spent all day Friday out, firstly at the dentists, then with my sister seeing The Fault In Our Stars, and finally with my girlies in the evening. I was working 9.30-4.30 on Saturday, and with only a 20 minute lunch I barely had time to walk onto campus and grab some food, let alone read anything! I went straight from work to the fella's, who was having a Summer Solstice meet-up. We stayed up till the sunrise, and by the time I got home the next day all I wanted to do was sleep. Across the whole three days I managed to read till the end of Tigers In Red Weather (about 50 pages or so). So not great, but here is my final wrap-up:


Total Books Finished: 4 – On Beauty, The Book Thief, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, Tigers In Red Weather.
Total Pages Read: 1,484


You can find all my daily update posts under the Wrap-up's heading on my homepage.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my reading progress. I read three whole books and a third of a fourth (I had started On Beauty before the week began) in pretty much four days. I'm a bit sad that I couldn't have carried on the progress, as I was on a real roll, but after the busy couple of days by the time Sunday came round my eyes were far too tired to read!

I'll be posting reviews of most of the books I've read over the past week in the next few weeks. 

I'd also like to say a huge thank you to the organisers of RYBSAT, in particular Miranda, who was so encouraging and re-tweeted all my blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment