Friday 7 October 2016

Autumn Reading Tag

I've been seeing the Autumn Reading Tag going around YouTube over the past couple of weeks so I thought I'd give it a go here!

1) Are there any books you plan to read during autumn? 

Yes, as I mentioned in my currently reading post I really want to read The Bear and the Nightingale, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying. Outside of those three I'd also like to read The Girls by Lisa Jewell as it has a really autumnal cover, as well as The Girls by Emma Cline (if I finally get around to buying it). I'm also expecting Bloom by Estee Lalonde to arrive any day now, so I'm probably going to read that too. Unless I seriously up my reading game that should comfortably see me through to the start of December.

2) September brings back school memories: what book did you most enjoy studying and what were your favourite and least favourite subjects?

The first part of this book is really difficult, as there were several books I read and adored at uni (included Bastard out of Carolina, Beloved, and There But For The, to name a few). If i was to narrow it down to high school, though, I really enjoyed both Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls. My favourite subject was, surprise surprise, English Literature and my least favourite was either PE or Religious Studies - the first because I am very ungainly and slightly asthmatic, the second because we literally only watched films and never actually learnt anything important about any religion other than Christianity.

3) October means Halloween: do you enjoy scary books and films?

I enjoy thrilling films/tv shows - I'm not so great with gore. I also don't particularly enjoy scary books - although I do like a bit of Scandi-crime every so often (in both tv and books) which is as scary as I get!

4) November means bonfire nights and firework displays: name a book that's kept you gripped.

Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill is by far the most gripping book I've read this year. I powered through it and really loved it - even if it horrified me 90% of the time.

5) What is your favourite cosy comfort read?

I'm going to avoid saying Harry Potter and instead go for anything by John Green - less because the content of his books were particularly soothing and more because I find his pattern of writng very reassuring.

6) Curled up with a good book, what's your hot drink of choice?

Peppermint and Licorice tea by Pukka! It's sweet and fresh and perfect no matter what time of the day.

7) Any plans you're looking forward to over the next few months?

I'm going to Portugal at the start of November for a long weekend with two of my best friends, which I am super excited for!

That's all for the tag! I'm not going to tag anyone specifically but tweet me @VickiMaitland if you have a go!

The original tag was created here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObARs7jQGuQ

No comments:

Post a Comment