Sunday 9 October 2016

Cruelty Free Autumn Make-Up Look

Since it's a Sunday and I actually have time to take photos and write a post, I thought I'd share with you my current go to autumn make-up look. Obviously, it is all cruelty free and its pretty much been what's on my face since the weather got cold.


This is the finished look. It's very minimal on the eyes and neutral but bold on the lips. I like a bit of highlight on the cheek and brow bone, and I've got a touch of bronzer on the outer edges of my face too.


After applying moisturiser, the first thing I put on my face is concealer. I don't have a huge problem with spots at the moment, so this just slaps on under my eyes. I'm actually going to do a reviewsdaytuesday (remember those?) on this NYX HD Concealer in shade 03, as I have super mixed feelings about it.


I set this with a touch of Gosh BB Powder in 06. I also sweep this over my forehead, down my nose, and on my chin.


I then swish a bit of bronzer over the outer edges of my face and on my cheeks. I juts feel it gives me a little more dimension and allows me to pretend that it's still summer. This is Makeup Revolution Ultimate Bronzer.


Please excuse the lighting change, this photo was taken way back in April as I completely forgot to photograph it today! This is of course The Balm Mary-Loumanizer. I've pretty much worn this every day since I purchased it and I love it - I think it adds a beautiful glow to my face. I wear it on my cheek bones, up my temples, and on my brow bone.


This is one product from NYX that I really rate. It's their Wonder Pencil and it is basically a creamy nude eyeliner. It comes in lots of shades but I went for a lighter one than my skin tone as I wanted to use it in my waterline to brighten my eyes.


This Makeup Revolution Ultra Eye Contour Light and Shade palette might be a bit of a mouthful but it is one of my favourite purchases this autumn. It's my first matte palette and I adore it. I use the large peachy pink shade all over my lid, for this look, and then go in with the ash brown shade (on the bottom row, far left as you look at it) for my crease. It gives a really delicate finish. I also use the dark brown (bottom row, second from right) to fill my brows, which I whizz through with a spooly afterwards.


After curling my lashes, I go in with this Arbonne It's A Long Story Mascara. I bought this after being sent a sample for review and I loved it for a super natural long lash look. It is also waterproof, which is great for a rainy winter.


Here's a look at the finished eye.


To give a little more colour to my face I add a swipe of this ELF Cream Blush. It's a 'cream to powder' formula but I use it with a traditional blush brush in order to get a much more subtle look. This shade is Seductress.


I finish everything off with the star of the show, my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II. It is my perfect warm nude - and ideal mix of rusty orange and pink.



No comments:

Post a Comment