Sunday 6 December 2015

Blogmas 6: Disapointing Products - Superdrug Hair Mousse


My hair mousse is currently the only part of my daily beauty routine that isn't cruelty free. I picked up this Superdrug own brand as a bid to change this, and was really disappointed.

It foamed really well, which I was happy with as often cheaper products tend to be very liquid and end up leaving my hair crispy. However, I think the amount of foam it produces actually makes it completely ineffectual.

It didn't give my hair any lift, and it didn't define my curls at all - which is pretty much all I use mousse for. I know it doesn't specially say 'curl defining' as most mousses will, but I picked the most appropriate one based on the collection as far as I could tell.

However, what really disappointed me about this product was how much it dried out my hair. After only a couple of days using it, my hair felt like straw. Most hair mousses (in my experience) lock in moisture as they are heat protectants. I would hate to think what would have happened if I'd tried to straighten my hair whilst using it!

I was so hoping that this would be the final piece of the cruelty free puzzle, but sadly not. If you have any suggestions for a good cruelty free hair mousse, please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment